The U.S. Student Fulbright Program
Graduating seniors, recent graduates, Master's and doctoral candidates, and young professionals
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers recent graduates and graduate students research, study, and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries around the globe. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, and operating as the largest U.S. exchange program, the Fulbright program awards approximately 1,900 grants in all fields of study. For more information, visit https://us.fulbrightonline.org/.
See Fulbright website for country and program specific requirements.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or the equivalent before the start of the grant.
Applicants may need to demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country. Not all programs or countries require this, so please see specific country descriptions.
Intent to Apply Deadline (suggested)
May 15th, 2020
Campus Deadline (required)
September 8th, 2020
October 13, 2020 at 5pm
Campus Review Process Required
Applicant Resources from the Fulbright U.S. Student Program
Interested students will complete an extensive review of the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website with special attention to the country description of interest. The following Fulbright pages are also particularly useful:
- Fulbright Tutorials: Offer a “Fulbright 101” in five 12-15 minute videos covering program overview, applicant qualifications and application components.
- Getting Started: Four steps to begin to explore Fulbright.
- Types of Awards: Descriptions of each award type. You can only apply to one type in an application cycle.
- Application Checklists: Checklist for each general application type.
- Upcoming Events: Helpful tool to search for upcoming webinars.
- Recorded Webinars: Revisit webinars you missed for additional information on the application process.
- Grantee and Applicant Statistics: View the number of applicants versus recipients for the past three years.
- Grantee Directory: Search for Fulbright recipients in your target country, field, or from your home institution.
Applicant Resources from NCS
Interested in applying for the Fulbright U.S. Student Program?
Make an advising appointment here